It’s been a while since we did a shopping vlog so I thought it would be fun and helpful to show you what the Dollar Tree has for Christmas! I found beautiful holiday decor, homeschool finds and gift ideas all for $1. Although it’s the dollar store, we must be wise with how we spend our dollar. Not everything at dollar store are good deals. When I shop on a budget, I also look for quality.
Did you know there’s an online dollar store app too? Lately, I’ve been checking what deals I can spot on my Hollar app. Great brand name finds in different price ranges and they have a Hollar for Your Dollar section. So many smart ways to shop on a budget!
Here’s a list of holiday decor and gifts ideas I believe are a great deal compare to shopping at retail stores.
Decorating your home for the holidays is a snap with the fun things I found:
- Wood wall art- I love decorating my home with the snowman theme for the holidays since we don’t get snow here in my part of Arizona.
- Tons of wrapping paper, even name brand names and gift bags
- Pretty ornaments- great quality, variety of colors and package sets by the dozen.
- Sparkly silver jars- perfect for candles or holding holiday treats
- Kitchen towels and oven mitts- I also use these to make gift sets for teachers or neighbors. Add a baking mix and a wooden spoon to a oven mitt, tie it with ribbon.
- Holiday dinner plates and chargers in gold or silver add glamour to a table scape.
- Paperback books- add a coffee shop gift card and tie it with a bow.
- Pretty stationary-great for moms or scrapbook lovers.
- Adult coloring books- add some colored pencils to complete the gift.
- Calendars or daily planers- make great gifts for teens or moms
- Pencils, erasers, and mini games make great stocking stuffers or Hanukah gifts.
- Activity packs of various subjects for different grade levels
- Classic books- I found A Christmas Carol which is great for read-aloud in December.
- Crafts in a bag- great for homeschool art projects and decorating the home.
- Plastic ball ornaments- make great DIY projects for the kids to paint and embellish to make their ornament of the year.
- Stickers- great for adding to packages, cards and for crafts.
- Bible mini figurines- the best find of my vlog! These are perfect for telling Bible stories especially the birth of Jesus.
Christmas Dollar Gift List
Since we are talking about gift giving, I have a gift for you! I’ve created a helpful Christmas Dollar Gift List you can download below for free. Subscribe to my blog, download and print it up! Use it to make your holiday shopping a snap. Also, great for kids to use as an easy shopping list guide.
I hope you liked our video and got some simple and affordable ways you can holiday shop on a budget at the Dollar store! I’ll be sharing more Christmas videos so be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and blog.
What are some ways you holiday shop on a budget? Leave your comment, I’d love to know what you do.
More Christmas Posts: