After Hadara and I visited the pumpkin patch last Friday, I was inspired to come home and dig into my closet for all my autumn fashion sorts of sweaters, scarves and boots. I just love fall fashion- all the fun combinations of colors, layers and boots! Every year, I want to add a new dress into my fall/winter wardrobe. Something comfortable, warm, and easy to layer because to tell you the truth, I don’t like cold legs in winter. Recently, when I saw the Remi swing dress from Cents of Style, I took the plunge and decided to try this flirty, trendy and fun dress out.
I’ve never worn this style of dress before. It’s all new to me! Usually, I wear classic cut sheath or form fitting dresses. However, I found that this dress is very forgiving, comfortable and can be dressed up or worn casual depending on how I accessorize it. I’m wearing the Serenity Blue color paired with a plaid blanket scarf and chocolate suede ankle wedge booties. When it gets colder, I think I’ll even add tights or leggings to layer under the dress. I think that would be so cozy!
I’m finding that there are many combinations and fun ways to switch this dress up. Here are some more tips on how you can wear the must-have fall swing dress:
- Wear your new swing dress with your go-to pendant necklace and a pair of heels. It’s simple and elegant. Hello, holiday parties!
- Plaid! Add a plaid shirt tied around your waist for the ideal festival vibe.
- It pairs well with everything from a plaid shirt, to a vest, to a kimono, to a pendant necklace…it’s the perfect finishing touch.)
- Layer a cute vest over your swing dress. It provides interesting texture and contrast and switches up your look just a little.
- Don’t forget our other must-have accessory this Fall & Winter – the kimono. Layer a heavier kimono with a little length over your dress to add a bit of warmth without feeling bulky. You’ll be right on trend.
This weekend, Cents of Style is offering the Remi Swing dress for $21.95 + FREE SHIPPING with code DRESS2016. With over 17 amazing colors and in sizes Small – 3X (including this year’s hottest jewel tones) it’s a classic staple dress flattering for all figures. To see for yourself, watch the 1 swing dress, 3 different body types video and see tips on how to accessorize your swing dress.
Do you own a swing dress? How do you style yours? I’d love to hear your tips!
(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links.)