So I decided it was time to make a change. Our family began this gluten-free lifestyle recently, on a whim. I’m on day 29 today. We are trying it out to see how eating less gluten, wheat, etc. . will be better for us. It never hurts to try, right?
The searching for gluten free recipes started days into this decision and being the research queen that I am, I found great resources, blogs and pins that were a lifesaver.
Then the day came. Princess and I got a sweet tooth and wanted some crunchy chewy yumminess. But what’s a girl to do on this gluten free new adventure? I discovered a couple of good peanut butter cookie recipes. I checked the ingredients, and had to take a double take. No flour? Now how can you make cookies without flour? Yah right.
I looked deeper into this. I couldn’t believe it! I just had to give the recipe a try. Yes, they baked. Yes they looked like cookies. Those Peanut butter cookies were delicious and healthy! Score. However, I tweaked it and made my own with brown sugar instead of no sugar or white sugar. I like it better with brown sugar.
So, if you are a gluten free vet or a newbie like me, I’m sure you will find this recipe unbelievably simple and satisfying.
Blessings and Shalom,
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla til well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or tablespoon, drop ball of dough 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Flatten dough balls with a fork, making a criss cross pattern.
- Bake cookies for 10 min until they are golden brown around edges.
- Allow cookies to cool before taking them off baking sheet
If you liked this post, share it, pin it.